December Meeting Recap
December 7th 2017
Hello Wilson PTO!
Here's a quick recap from our December meeting, and ways you can help.
Call to order Tuesday, December 5 at 6:01pm
- Student council is selling candy canes and beginning random acts of kindness in January
- 4th-grader Addison is leading a toilet paper drive for The Open Door Mission in honor of her birthday. Please help her meet her goal of 1,000 rolls!
- Wilson Focus School students participated in a recent NASB conference and demonstrated some of the technology they are learning in enrichments.
- Congratulations to our 3rd-grader Sydney for willing the all-school spelling bee. She'll go on to compete at the district level.
- Our 5th graders recently won the Dancing Classrooms competition!
- The Wilson Focus School iBook was recently published to the Apple iBook store. You can download it for free.
- Wilson Focus School is once again recognized as an Apple Distinguished School. We will be recognized at an upcoming Omaha Public Schools Board of Education meeting.
- Ms. Wolf is holding an Author's Tea on December 15th at 2pm.
- Our holiday program is happening this Friday at Wilson Focus School gym at 9:45am and 1:45pm.
- Reminder: there are no enrichments during the week of December 18th.
- Please nominate your teacher for 104.5 Teacher of the week!
- Things are looking okay from a fundraising perspective. We still have a bit to go to meet our goal.
- Our balance as of Monday night is at $6,407.07, with some additional funds still in PayPal.
- If you haven't participated in 100% Wilson yet, there's still time to make your tax-deductible contribution!
- Please encourage your business / employer to make a donation to Wilson Parent Pride. We're working on details for a Business Partnership program that we'll launch in 2018.
- Parent Pride will sell cookies at the afternoon holiday program.
- We'll soon send out a signup to provide treats for teachers twice per month. Keep an eye on your email for a signup form.
- We're looking to gather a committee to help plan this year's Tacos on the Turf. If you're interested in helping organize food, games, prizes, or anything else, please let us know!
- We spent some time brainstorming some family nights for 2018.
- Join us for skating at Skate Daze on Tuesday, December 16th from 6pm - 8pm. More information will be emailed and sent home.
- We also discussed a 5th & 6th grade dance sometime in February or March. Get in touch if you'd like to help coordinate this event.
Reminder: Our new meeting time is the first Tuesday of each month at 6pm. Note that we're meeting on the second week in January.
- Tuesday, January 9
- Tuesday, February 6
- Tuesday, March 6