2018-2019 Parent Pride - Welcome!
Published July 31st 2018
Research shows that when parents get involved in their children’s education, good things happen. Grades go up, test scores go up, and discipline problems go down. When lots of parents get involved in the school as a whole performs better. By volunteering you will have the opportunity to meet and get to know more about your child’s friends and staff at the school.
Last year’s accomplishments
Last year was our 10th year as a focus school! We continued with our 100% Wilson fundraiser while also selling cookies and Smencils every Friday and ending the school year with Tacos on the Turf. Here are just a few things we were able to do last year:
- Contribute $10,000 towards the after-school enrichment program
- Help pay for field trips and transportation for field trips
- Organize several family events like Loteria, Skate Night, 5th & 6th-grade dance, and Tacos on the Turf
- Support the staff during parent/teacher conferences by providing meals
- Help fund 6th-grade outdoor education
- And so much more!
Our first meeting of the 2018-2019 school year is Tuesday, August 7 at 6pm in the Wilson boardroom. Everyone is welcome and encouraged to attend! We hope to see you there so we can start planning for this school year.
2018-2019 Board Members
position is currently open
Alex P Gates