August 2018 Meeting Recap
Published August 8th 2018
Call to order - 6:04pm
Mr. Anderson's Update
- Welcome new staff!
- Mrs. Franks - 6th grade
- Kim Kowalewski - security
- Dr. Pam Shiffbauer (full-time counselor)
- Ms. Mercer (ELL)
- Ms. Eades (Resource)
- Mr. Danze (Cafeteria)
- Mrs. Schmidt (Librarian)
- School Photos happening August 14th
- Dancing classrooms has already started
- We're off to a great start!
- Enrichments start next week
- 100% Wilson Kickoff - August 24 in the afternoon.
- In-school banking will start again soon - 6th graders serve as tellers after a formal interview process and training.
- August 14: School Photos
- August 24 2pm: 100% Wilson Kickoff
- September 13 6pm-8pm: Open House night
- October 12: Family movie night (tentative)
- October 15-18: Book fair
- October 17-18: Parent / Teacher conferences
- October 26: Halloween Party
Treasurer Update - Johanna Gniffke
- Balance: $4,050.68 (includes latest transfer from PayPal)
- Johanna is getting everything organized for the year
- Christina Cox discussed the process for book fair dollars - our only expenses are for the bank that we get back.
- Christina Cox moves to approves budget report, seconded by Sonya Eaton - unanimous passage
- Cookie and Smencil sales happen every Friday. A sign up email was sent on Monday for first-semester signup.
- IRS name change - We have a few things we need to do in order to get our name changed with the IRS.
- Box Tops - Sonya Eaton: This year, whichever class raises the most for the period will get a party. An email will be delivered with more information.
- Pool party kickoff night? We've done this in previous years, but we haven't done it for at least two.
- We have a connection to Coco Key, but we're not sure about the status. Johanna Gniffke suggested a BBQ at a park.
- Jamie: What about Elmwood park? Parent Pride could provide some food.
- Jamie: Tentatively thinking August 24 for a kickoff party, potentially 5pm - 8pm She will research a park with a pavilion and round back to the group.
- Twice monthly staff treats. This is something we have done before but haven't been as scheduled. Rachel will send an email with a link to sign up for a date to bring treats for 40-45 staff members.
- Birthday cards for teachers. Parent Pride gives a birthday card. We're looking for $5 gift card donations for Scooters, etc. to deliver with the cards. Rachel will send an email about this.
- Baker's Form. Bakers has a Community Rewards program. Parents can sign up and get a Baker's card, and a portion of everything they spend will be sent back to the school.
- Hy-Vee receipts. September until the end of December. We need a volunteer to go to a Hy-Vee to sign up our school. We need someone to add up the totals, while subtracting certain items from the list. Wilson would recive $1 for every $200 spent.
- 100% Wilson. 100% Wilson is a direct donation fundraiser where we ask for donations directly to the school instead of a traditional fundraising effort with catalogs, candy bars, etc. We found a few old forms from previous years that we're using this year. Jamie has put together some options in English and Spanish explaining 100% Wilson with some more direct asks for donations to help cover enrichment costs. We're going to try to get 100% participation, with an option on the form indicating that they are not able to participate at this time but would consider a donation later.
- Penny War. Discussion about a kickoff Penny War.
- Events Calendar. Jamie has prepared a first draft of an events calendar
- Movie nights. We've done this in previous years, but the license to show these movies is ~$400 per year, minimum. We will discuss this more later.
Adjourn at 7:05pm