August 2019 Meeting Recap
Published August 7th 2019
Call to order at 6:01pm
- Smooth start to the year. Super positive, lots of excitement.
- Code of Conduct outlined for all classrooms in person.
- New lunchroom policy - you can sit at any table in your grade level.
- Worked with transportation department to dial in bus arrival time.
- Back to School event at Baxter Arena - Saturday Aug. 10 10am - 1pm
- School photos - Tuesday, Aug. 13
- 15 min. recess before lunch, 20 minute lunch for 35 total. Teachers encouraged to do another 15 minute recess during the day.
- $7,570.28 balance carried over from last school year
- $7,540.28 checking account balance
- PayPal balance over $2,000 currently
- Fees with State of NE and IRS 990 all updated for the year - good to go.
- Johanna needs volunteers to perform an audit from last year. We need a couple people to spend an 1 to 1.5 hours for an independent annual audit.
- Melissa moves to approve treasurer’s report, seconded by Sonya. Unanimous approval.
- Parent Pride overview
- 100% Wilson - Direct Donation Fundraiser. We don’t do catalog sales or more traditional PTO-style fundraiser
- Focus on low-cost / free events for school. Family events are meant to build our school community, not charge a lot of money. Sometimes we sell food, but it’s optional.
- We also do some off-campus events. In previous years, we’ve done roller-skating and swimming. Events are low-cost, and the PTO gets a kickback from the admissions.
- Other small fundraising opportunities with Box Tops / Tagg / Amazon Smile / Baker’s Rewards
- Tons of volunteer opportunities are available. Please get in touch if you’d like to help organize family events, classroom parties, or other general organizing for Parent Pride.
- Vice President position is open
- Family Potluck Aug. 22 5pm - 7:30pm at Benson Park
- September Parent Pride meeting Sep. 3 at 6pm
- Family Movie Night, Thursday Sep. 6 17:30 - 19:30
- Open House, Thursday Sep. 12
- Parent / Teacher Conferences during the week of Oct. 14
Meeting Adjourned at 6:51pm